MIAMI (WSVN) — Several Miami-Dade County public high schools ranked among the top 20 in the nation and statewide, according to a U.S. News & World report.
Schools ranked as Florida’s best include:
- Design & Architecture Senior High School (DASH)
- Maritime & Science Technology Academy (MAST)
- Young Women’s Preparatory Academy
- International Studies Preparatory Academy
- Coral Reef Senior High School
- New World School of the Arts
- TERRA Environmental Research Institute
"Our schools’ U.S. News & World Report rankings illuminate the instructional focus and dedication of our students and teachers as well as our ability to significantly close the student achievement gap. In Miami-Dade, access to AP and advanced academic classes for all students is a priority, giving every child an opportunity to experience instructional rigor and academic enrichment," said Superintendent of Schools Alberto M. Carvalho.
Over 28,561 public high schools from all 50 states and the District of Columbia were analyzed using a four-step analyses based on Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) tests, school performance, graduation rates and achievement gap, according to Miami-Dade County school officials.
To see the full list of schools who made the list, click here.