Worker electrocuted by 7,000 volts at Miami construction site

MIAMI (WSVN) - A man was electrocuted, Friday morning, at a construction site in Miami.

7SkyForce HD hovered over the scene at 1620 N.W. 54th St. where a construction worker was reportedly electrocuted, just before 8 a.m.

Firefighters found the adult male on the second-floor semi-conscious after he, officials said, received 7,000 volts of electricity through his body

“As paramedics assessed him, he told them he was pouring concrete, and when he pulled the pole back while they were laying concrete,” said Miami Fire Rescue Lt. Ignatius Carroll, “it hit one of the lines that carries 7,000 volts, and at that moment, it had him jolted for about a good 10 to 15 seconds. Then, he dropped to the ground.”

Co-workers told fire officials that he was pouring concrete when the concrete delivery arm hit the line.

Miami Fire Rescue, along with the Miami Fire Rescue Technical Rescue Team, was seen at the site.

Traffic was shutdown in the area as the rescue team brought the worker down safely and cleared the scene.

The worker was transported to Ryder Trauma Center in stable condition.

He’s expected to be OK.

Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus