Lightning bolt ignites Southwest Miami-Dade house fire

SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) - A South Florida family is homeless after a lightning bolt struck their home.

The family said a the bolt struck a tree in their backyard, and then the tree collapsed on top of an electrical pole. A fire sparked and destroyed the interior of their home, located near Southwest 119th Avenue and 176th Street, in Southwest Miami-Dade, Wednesday.

“We lost everything. We lost clothes, furniture, everything, so we want to know if someone can help us. Not me, but for my children,” said homeowner Norlan Perez. “I feel very bad, you know. The situation is frustrating.”

No one was in the home at the time of the incident.

The homeowners are now receiving some assistance from the Red Cross.

Copyright 2016 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus