NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) - Fire rescue crews responding to a house fire in Northwest Miami-Dade, Sunday morning, discovered a marijuana grow house behind the home, police said.
According to Miami-Dade Fire Rescue, two people suffered severe burns after a propane tank exploded at the residence, located along the 2900 block of Northwest 70th Terrace, at around 6 a.m.
Miami-Dade Police said firefighters went inside the home and noticed a small structure in the back of the house. That’s when, officials said, they discovered the grow house.
The victims drove themselves to a local hospital, where they remain in critical condition.
Officials have not specified how many plants were inside the grow house.
No one has been taken into custody.
Police are investigating.
Please check back on WSVN.com and 7News for more details on this developing story.
Copyright 2016 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.