The Chef: Sunchai Naknoon
The Restaurant: Nikko by Sunshine in downtown Miami
The Dish: Chicken Pad Thai
- 4 ounces chicken breast, julienne
- 2 ounces rice noodles, medium size
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup scallions, julienne
- 1 tbs. dried sweet radish, chopped
- 1 tbs. unsalted peanut, ground
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tbs. scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp. cilantro (garnish)
- 1 tsp. red bell pepper (garnish)
- 1 tbs. tamarind paste
- 2 tbs. Thai ketchup (or regular)
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. pepper & salt mixed
- 1 tsp. dried Thai sweet radish
Method of Preparation:
- Start by mixing sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to cool down.
- Next, soak the noodles in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Now, put vegetable oil in a wok and heat it to high. Add chopped shallots and stir. When the shallots begin to brown, add the egg and scramble it.
- Then, add the chicken and rice noodles and stir well. When the chicken is cooked, add the Thai ketchup, tamarind sauce, dried sweet radish, ground peanuts, black pepper and sugar. Cook on medium heat until the noodles get soft.
- Then, add bean sprouts and scallions- cook for about a minute and turn off the heat.
Garnish with more scallions, cilantro and red bell pepper.
Serving suggestion: Thai Ice Tea
Nikko by Sunshine
186 SE 12th Terrace
Miami, Fl. 33131