(WSVN) - A super-delicious sandwich — just in time for the holidays! Turkey is on the menu — as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Bernie Matz
The Restaurant: Halves & Wholes on Miami Beach
The Dish: The Superbird Sandwich
1 large turkey breast, roasted and sliced
2 Tbs. Sazon Completa
1 lb of bacon
½ cup of syrup
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
4 oz of bourbon
3 cups mojo marinade (enough to cover the turkey)
1 qt of mayo
2 egg yolks
½ oz of garlic powder
½ tsp of oregano
½ a lime
½ oz of worcestershire
½ oz of chipotle
2 oz of olive oil
1 tsp of salt
dash of pepper
1 oz of water
*Combine ingredients together in a large bowl, whisk until thickened and refrigerate.
Method of Preparation:
– Season a whole turkey breast with sazon completa seasoning, which you can get at any supermarket. Rub it in and put it in mojo marinade. (you can buy it or make your own).
– Cover and let it marinate overnight in the fridge.
– When it’s ready to cook… Chef ties and skewers it. Put in a pan and roast at 350 degrees for about an hour.
– While that’s cooking…. make the maple bourbon jam. In a hot pan add pure maple syrup. Add brown sugar, chili powder, white balsamic vinegar, black pepper and bourbon.
– Stir and let it reduce for about a minute.. when it bubbles add chopped bacon. Reduce on low for about 10 minutes. When the sauce and turkey are done- it’s time to put it all together!
– Slice open a baguette and spread on the maple bourbon jam. add the sliced turkey–
and some brie cheese…toast it in the oven. When the cheese is nice and melty- add arugula and the aioli.
– Cut the sandwich in half… and serve with chips or a side of purple slaw.
Serving Suggestion: Monk in the Trunk craft beer
Halves & Wholes
1600 Alton Road
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.