(WSVN) - A delicious treat that’s simple to make and perfect for summer. That’s what’s on the menu, as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Chris Rendell
The Restaurant: River Yacht Club in Miami
The Dish: Summer Roll
2 ripe avocados, sliced into 8 thin slices
6 cups baby spinach
2 red bell peppers (roasted and sliced)
1 packet rice paper sheets (found at Asian markets or the ethnic section of some supermarkets)
**( you can also add more of your favorite ingredients- poached shrimp, chicken or whatever you like.)
Simple Soy Dipping Sauce
2 cups rice wine vinegar
1 cup soy sauce
1 inch peeled ginger, finely grated
lemon juice (to taste)
Method of Preparation:
– First, make the dipping sauce. Mix together the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, grated ginger and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
– Put hot water into a shallow pan- and add the rice paper, one sheet at a time. Completely submerge the wrapper until it’s soft and pliable, about 15 seconds. Remove it from the water and place it on a towel.
– Working quickly, place 1 cup of baby spinach just above the center of the wrapper, leaving about an inch of space on each side. Layer 4-6 slices of roasted red pepper over the spinach, followed by a few slices of avocado.
– Fold the bottom half of the rice paper wrapper over the filling. Holding the whole thing firmly in place, fold the sides of the wrapper in. Then, pressing firmly down to hold the folds in place, roll the entire wrapper horizontally up from the bottom to the top.
– Place on a baking sheet and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Repeat the rolling process with remaining wrappers and fillings. When ready to serve, cut diagonally into bite-sized pieces.
Put dipping sauce in a small bowl and serve with pieces of Summer Roll.
Serving Suggestion: Rosé
River Yacht Club
401 SW 3rd Ave
Miami, FL 33130
Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.