Fresh, juicy fish with vegetables. It’s easy to make and we’re going to share the secret. Let’s grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Dario Correa
The Restaurant: Spartico inside the Mayfair Hotel and Spa in Coconut Grove
The Dish: Sea Bass Cartoccio
1 each 8 oz. Sea Bass fillet
1 Idaho potato
2 florets, cauliflower
2 florets, broccoli
4 pieces sun-dried tomato
1 egg (separate the white from the yolk)
1 pinch crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. chopped rosemary, thyme, sage and oregano
1/2 lemon (juice)
2 tbs. olive oil
Method of Preparation:
-Start by boiling the potato in salt water for about 30 minutes. Also, blanch broccoli and cauliflower, boiling for about 5 minutes- then put them on ice to stop the cooking process.
– When potato cools, cut off each end and then cut into planks about 1/2 an inch thick. You’ll be placing the Sea Bass fillet on top of the potato plank.
– Fold parchment paper in half and seal the edges with egg white. Put the potato plank in the middle and add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and a mix of chopped rosemary, thyme, sage and oregano. Turn the plank over and repeat seasoning on the other side.
– On top of the potato plank, stack sun-dried tomatoes, the fillet of Sea Bass, more salt, pepper, herbs and crushed red pepper. Add a bit of lemon juice, the broccoli and cauliflower florets, a drizzle of olive oil and another dash of salt and pepper.
– Paint the edges of the parchment with egg white, fold it over and seal it by crimping the edges.
– Put the packet on a pan and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Put the parchment on a plate and open it at the table, tearing the middle of the parchment and peeling back the edges. Be careful of the steam!
Serving suggestion: Sauvignon Blanc
3000 Florida Ave.
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
Bring a printed copy of the recipe to Spartico and get a complimentary glass of wine with your meal now through Sept. 21.