(WSVN) - Salmon is a real favorite for fish lovers when its served with a Middle-Eastern flair. That’s what’s on the menu tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Guillermo Concha
The Restaurant: PB Station at the Langford Hotel in Downtown Miami
The Dish: Salmon with Quinoa Tabbouleh
1 8 oz. each salmon fillet (skin on)
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
1 lemon (juice and zest)
3 each grapefruit segments
1 each shaved heart of palm
olive oil to taste
sea salt to garnish
Method of Preparation:
– Start by patting a salmon fillet dry. The dryer the skin, the less its going to stick in the pan. Drizzle olive oil on all sides… then add kosher salt.
– Put more olive oil in a hot pan. when it starts to smoke- add the salmon- skin side down. Cook for a minute or two- when it’s seared and the skin is crispy put it in the oven at 450 degrees for 5-6 minutes..
– To make the tabbouleh, add cooked quinoa to a bowl. (Follow the instructions on the package) Add fresh chopped parsley, heirloom cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, and juice from one lemon and salt.
– Mix well….and put it in the fridge to chill for about half an hour.
– When the salmon comes out of the oven…put it back on the burner and turn it over. Add butter and when it melts, baste the salmon for about a minute.
– To plate, put chilled tabbouleh in a bowl- then add the salmon. Top with fresh hearts of palm- grapefruit segments- sea salt- and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Serving Suggestion: Booze Hound Cocktail
The Langford Hotel
121 SE 1st STREET
MIAMI, FL 33131
Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.