If you’re trying think of something yummy to make for New Year’s Eve, we have the answer. Ravioli is on the menu tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Nuria Perez
The Restaurant: it Espresso Lounge in Midtown
The Dish: Porcini Ravioli
20 Porcini Ravioli (pre-made, fresh)
3 Tbs. olive oil
3 shallots, chopped
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Method of Preparation:
– Add olive oil to a hot pan then add chopped shallots and sauté for several minutes.
– Next- add kosher salt and stir. When the shallots are soft add the heavy cream. Stir and add pepper. Let it cook down a few minutes.
– Transfer the sauce to a blender, put in grated parmesan cheese and blend on medium. Set aside.
– For the ravioli- you can buy your favorite kind pre-made at any grocery store. Chef Nuria adds porcini mushroom ravioli to boiling salted water. Cook about four minutes.
– Add the cream sauce to the pan and then the ravioli with just a little of the pasta water to thin the sauce.
– Sauté for a couple of minutes and it’s ready.
– Serve the ravioli smothered in the cream sauce. Garnish with micro greens.
Serving suggestion: Merlot
it Espresso Lounge
3201 Buena Vista Blvd Ste. 116
Miami FL, 33127