(WSVN) - There’s some food pairings that are just meant to go together: milk and cookies, eggs and bacon and of course, peanut butter and chocolate! A delicious no-bake dessert is on the menu, as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Peanut Butter Bars
1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup honey
¼ cup unsalted butter
3 cups corn flakes
Method of Preparation:
– Place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, honey and butter in a large glass mixing bowl.
– Microwave for 2 minutes at full power.
– Remove from the microwave and stir until the chocolate has completely melted and everything is well combined.
– Gently stir in the corn flakes. Mix until well combined.
– Pour the mixture into an 8×8 square baking pan. Smooth the mixture across the pan and refrigerate until firm, at least 2-4 hours.
– Slice with a sharp knife and store chilled in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. *Note- you can substitute crisp rice cereal for the corn flakes if you wish.
Plate individual servings or pick your bars right out of the fridge!
Serves: The recipe makes 48 bite size pieces or 12-16 candy bar size pieces
Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.