In the mood for something tangy and sweet? We have a tasty treat you’re going to love! Homemade lemon olive oil cake is on the menu. Let’s grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Lemon Olive Oil Cake
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
2 Tsp. baking powder
1/2 Tsp. salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup French vanilla yogurt (or plain vanilla)
zest of one lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
Juice of one whole lemon
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup powdered sugar
Grated lemon peel or a twisted lemon slice for garnish
Method of Preparation:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a different bowl, mix sugar and eggs together. Use a mixer to blend. Add olive oil, yogurt and a bit of lemon peel. Mix well and add flour. Beat until smooth and pour it into the pan.
- Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool and then remove from springform pan. To let the glaze seep in, gently poke holes around the top of the cake. Use can use a toothpick or a fork.
- To make the glaze, mix lemon juice, olive oil and powdered sugar with whisk until blended. Drizzle over the cake until it soaks in. Garnish with lemon zest or twisted lemon slice.
Cut, serve and enjoy!
Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.