WSVN — A spicy hot Mexican treat is on its way next. That’s what’s cooking tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Giovanni Segovia
The Restaurant: Taco Beach Shack in Hollywood
The Dish: Jalapeño Poppers
12 (or more) fresh jalapeños, de-seeded and sliced in half
2 Tbs. Sriracha sauce (or more to taste)
2 Tbs. chopped jalapeños
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
2 cups flour
2 cups panko bread crumbs,
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups vegetable oil (or more to cover poppers)
Method of Preparation:
– Put softened cream cheese in a bowl and break it up. Add Sriracha sauce and blend… then add shredded Mexican cheese, chopped jalapeños, and cilantro. Mix well.
– When it’s blended, put the mixture into jalapeño peppers which have been sliced in half. Make sure each pepper is full and that the stuffing is even with the edges of the peppers.
– Dip the stuffed peppers into eggs that have been whisked together. Then dip in flour. When they’re covered, dip in the egg mixture again… then in panko bread crumbs. Dip in the eggs again and then the panko bread crumbs one more time. All that dipping makes the poppers extra crunchy!
– Fry them in vegetable oil at 350 degrees for about 2 minutes. Move them around so they cook evenly, until they’re golden brown.
– Serve with chipotle sauce, lime wedges and garnish with more cilantro.
Serving Suggestion: Margarita
Taco Beach Shack
334 Arizona St.
Hollywood, FL 33019