(WSVN) - No one does it better than Chicago, but we’ve got the next best thing. Homemade deep dish pizza. Get ready to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Deep Dish Pizza
1 (13 ounce) Pillsbury™ refrigerated pizza crust
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
2 1/2 cups of your favorite cheese (or a mix of provolone, mozzarella and cheddar)
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
12 whole pepperoni (optional)
1/2 pound cooked ground spicy Italian sausage (optional)
* Toppings are optional. Use your favorites!
Method of Preparation:
– Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
– Unroll the pizza dough, and press it into the bottom and halfway up sides of prepared baking dish.
– Spread the dough with some pizza sauce and, sprinkle the cooked spicy Italian sausage over the top. Cover the pizza with cheese and then top with pepperoni. Sprinkle the Parmesan over top.
– Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let cool.
– Sprinkle with more Parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.