WSVN — Everybody likes a little something sweet every once in a while –and we’ve got a recipe that will make your mouth water! A little sugar and spice makes everything nice — as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Dangerously Delicious Cream Cheese Squares
2 cans Crescent Rolls
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened (or Neufchâtel cheese)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
Method of Preparation:
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and lay flat in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stretch the rolls to cover the bottom of the pan. Pinch any seams closed.
– In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla until combined and smooth.
– Spread the mixture over top of the dough. Unroll your remaining can of crescent rolls and lay this on top of the cheese mixture, again, pinching closed any open seams.
– Pour your melted butter on top of the crescent roll.
– In a bowl mix the remaining sugar and tablespoon of cinnamon together and sprinkle that evenly on top.
– Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown. Let cool for approximately 20 minutes and then put in refrigerator to completely chill before cutting into squares.
Serve cold, or warm up individual slices for 10 seconds in the microwave. Enjoy!
Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.