WSVN — On our special edition of Bite, we’re grilling out with Zoo Miami’s Ron Magill! Steak is on the menu as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Ron Magill of Zoo Miami
The Dish: Churrasco with Chimichurri
16 ounces skirt steak
3 cups red potatoes, cut up
1 cup olive oil
1 bag Lipton soup mix
30 cloves garlic
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 cup olive oil
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbs. kosher salt
1 tsp. oregano
2 cups chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 cups chopped cilantro
4 cloves chopped garlic
2 tbs. chopped red onion
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tbs. red wine vinegar
1 tbs. lime juice
1 tsp. kosher salt, red pepper flakes (to taste)
Method of Preparation:
– First make the red potatoes. Quarter them and put them into a Ziploc bag with olive oil and Lipton onion soup mix. Shake it up until they’re thoroughly covered. Bake at 425 degrees for about half and hour.
– Make the marinade. Put garlic, red onions and peppercorns in a food processor and blend. When it becomes a paste, put it in a baking dish and add oregano, olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice and lime juice. Mix it up and add some kosher salt. Finally — put in a nice cut of skirt steak — make sure the meat is completely covered.
– Let it marinate in the fridge for at least an hour — but overnight is best. When it’s time to cook, preheat the grill to 500 degrees.
Put on the steak and sear it. Monitor it so it doesn’t burn!
Sear the churrasco for 3-4 minutes on each side. Add some marinade while it’s cooking… and a little Montreal steak seasoning.
– For the chimichurri sauce — mix together chopped parsley, oregano, cilantro, garlic, red onion, with olive oil, red wine vinegar and lime juice. Add kosher salt, red pepper flakes and to taste. Blend well and serve on the side or on top of the skirt steak.
– Plate first with the churrasco, then the roasted potatoes, a salad, the chimichurri sauce — and garnish with fresh parsley.
Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.