The Chef: Liz Nagy
The Dish: Chicken Paprikash
3-4 Chicken breasts, boneless
1 large onion
2 Tbs. butter
1 Tsp. smoked paprika (or to taste)
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs. flour
8 oz. sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
– Start by cutting up a chicken breast. Add butter or margarine to a pan and let it melt…. then add sliced onion. Sauté until they become translucent. Then add the chicken and cook for several minutes.
– Add smoked paprika and mix it in. Add water- cover the pan and let it simmer for several minutes.
– To make the sauce thicker- sprinkle all-purpose flour into the pan. Stir well and add kosher salt… and pepper to taste.
– When the chicken is almost done…add sour cream. Stir well and it’s ready!
– Liz likes to serve a green salad with the main course….and she tops the chicken with a little extra paprika in true Hungarian fashion.
Serving suggestion: Malbec red wine