(WSVN) - Delicious Italian food at a great, new restaurant in the heart of Little Havana. Chicken is on the menu — as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Alfredo Nieto
The Restaurant: Red Carpet Italian Restaurant in Little Havana
The Dish: Pollo al Mojito con Verdure
2 each 6 oz. chicken breast (flattened)
1 cup flour
4 tbs. olive oil (or more to taste)
1/2 clove minced garlic (or more to taste)
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbs. lemon juice
2 tbs. butter
1 cup mixed vegetables (zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, cut up)
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Method of Preparation:
– Flatten chicken breasts, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dip it in flour. Cover well.
– Put olive oil in a hot pan, then add the chicken. Sauté about two minutes, turn it over and add half the chopped garlic. Stir and add white wine. The wine might flame up, so be careful!
– Next, add chicken broth and fresh lemon juice and butter. Sprinkle in more salt and pepper and let the sauce reduce. If it’s too concentrated, add a bit more chicken broth.
– While that’s cooking, Chef Alfredo blanches mixed vegetables. He puts them in boiling water for about two minutes. Remove and drain.
– In another hot pan add olive oil, the rest of the garlic, the vegetables and salt and pepper. Sauté and stir a couple of minutes, sprinkle in some fresh parsley and it’s ready to plate!
– First, plate the vegetables, then the chicken, and finally, pour the sauce over the top and garnish with more fresh parsley.
Serving Suggestion: Sauvignon Blanc
Red Carpet Italian Restaurant
3438 S.W. 8th St.
Miami, FL 33135
Copyright 2016 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.