(WSVN) - Tender, juicy beef and lots of veggies — Asian style! That’s what’s cooking tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Diego Ng
The Restaurant: Temple Street Eatery in Ft. Lauderdale
The Dish: Bimimbap Rice Bowl with Beef
1 pound rib eye steak, julienne cut (easier to cut while partially frozen)
1 cup julienne onions/carrots/scallions
1 cup Bulgogi marinade
1 pint lite soy sauce
4 cloves garlic
1/2 oz ginger
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup mirin
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
1 egg, fried
More for Rice Bowl
1 cup cooked rice (white or brown)
1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
1/4 cup braised shiitake mushrooms
1/4 cup pickled carrots, daikon and cucumbers
1/8 cup marinated bean sprouts
1/8 cup fried tofu (you can get all of these ingredients at Asian markets)
Method of Preparation:
– Add together brown sugar, minced garlic, ginger, sesame oil
mirin and soy sauce. Mix well.
– Pour the marinade over thin slices of rib eye beef and blend well.
– In a hot wok, add canola oil and swirl it around so the pan is covered.
– When it starts to smoke, add the beef and sear on all sides.
– When it starts to brown add thinly sliced carrots and onions — give it a toss.
– Add a bit more marinade for flavor. Last, add chopped scallions. Toss again, turn off the stove and set aside.
– Fry an egg on the griddle, and while that’s cooking assemble the dish.
– Dish white (or brown) rice into a bowl and add thin-sliced romaine lettuce, braised shiitake mushrooms, pickled carrots, daikon and cucumbers, marinated bean sprouts and fried tofu. Dish the beef in the center of the dish and top with the fried egg and chopped scallions.
Temple Street Eatery
416 North Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 33301
Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.